Developers Resource Center
Now you can use our data for your website or application. This is a FREE service that allows various user groups (i.e. the general public, commercial vendors, transportation agencies, researchers, media and others) to access New York State Thruway real-time and static transportation data for use in their applications and research efforts.
XML Data Files
These data files are accessed through a web connection and are available in XML format. The data files are updated as individual events become active, are updated, or expire and are removed from the file. These files may also change daily as new information becomes available.
- Capital Program Projects
capitalprogramfull.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinate, construction amount, completion date, letting date, contractor and contractor number and description and location of projects along the Thruway.
- Commuter Park and Ride Lots and Parking/Rest Areas
parkridelots.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinate, descriptions and lot information for Park and Ride Lots and Parking/Rest Areas along the Thruway.
- Interchanges/Toll Barriers
interchanges.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and location information for Interchanges and Toll Barriers along the Thruway.
- Message Signs
dmsstatus.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, location information and dynamic messages for each sign location along the Thruway.
- Regional Advisory Messages (RAM)
ram-locations.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates and location information for each virtual regional advisory stations along the Thruway.
ram-newyork.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the New York area.
ram-hudsonvalley.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Hudson Valley area.
ram-albany.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Albany area.
ram-utica.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Utica area.
ram-syracuse.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Syracuse area.
ram-rochester.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Rochester area.
ram-buffalo.xml - Contains the regional advisory message for the Buffalo area.
- Taste-NY Farm Markets
farmmarkets.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates for the Travel Plazas that have participating Farm Markets along with the products sold and hours open.
- Traffic Events
events.xml - Includes active incidents/accidents, traffic delays, road closures, lane closures, and roadwork along the Thruway. Information includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions, and locations along the Thruway.
- Travel Plazas and Parking/Rest Areas
travelplazas.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and location information for Travel Plazas along the Thruway.
- Winter Travel Advisory
wtasreports.xml - Includes active weather conditions, update times, road status, and routes along the Thruway. Information includes latitude and longitude coordinates and locations along the Thruway.
- Weather Sensing Information
swis.xml - Includes pavement temperature, air temperature, dewpoint temperature, and relative humidity along the Thruway. Information includes route and milepost coordinates and county locations along the Thruway.
REST Endpoints for GIS Web Services
These services allow developers access to current GIS datasets via the Internet, without requiring downloading and storing data. All available Thruway Authority data that is available through web services can be found at: http://nysthruway.maps.arcgis.com.
- Thruway - Roads owned, operated, and maintained by the Thruway Authority. http://services2.arcgis.com/gubH6kG9JCAsMX2M/arcgis/rest/services/NYStateThruwayRoads/FeatureServer/2
- Interchanges - Interchanges along the Thruway. http://services2.arcgis.com/gubH6kG9JCAsMX2M/arcgis/rest/services/NYStateThruwayRoads/FeatureServer/0
- Thruway Travel Plazas - The location of travel plazas along the Thruway. These provide restrooms, food, and fuel services. http://services2.arcgis.com/gubH6kG9JCAsMX2M/arcgis/rest/services/TravelPlazas/FeatureServer/0
- Thruway Park and Ride - Park and ride lots along the Thruway. http://services2.arcgis.com/gubH6kG9JCAsMX2M/arcgis/rest/services/park_and_ride/FeatureServer/0
- Ramps - Thruway Authority maintained highway exit and entrance ramps. http://services2.arcgis.com/gubH6kG9JCAsMX2M/arcgis/rest/services/NYStateThruwayRoads/FeatureServer/1
Contact Information for Questions
Your feedback on this new initiative is valuable and we need your help to improve this site. Please let us know about any issues you may have or enhancements you'd like to see.
Our Data Files
are FREE to Use