Skip to Main Content
Skip to Navigation

New York State Thruway Authority

Real Property Permits, Sales and Leases

The New York State Thruway Authority will consider, depending upon the circumstances, three major types of transactions. These transactions include occupancy and work permits, sales and leases. These transacations are authorized in accordance with the Thruway Real Property Management Policy (25-6-02) PDF that members of the public may request relative to the use of surplus Thruway real property.

How do I inquire about a permit, sale or lease?

The first step in determining the viability of a transaction proposed by a member of the public is to contact the appropriate personnel in one of the Authority's four Division offices to discuss the transaction, and seek assistance in completing the relevant application forms.

Use Our Interactive Map to Find the Best Person to Contact

  • New York Division - Division Permit Engineer - (845) 918-2510 (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
    I-87 (Interchange 1-18); the Cross Westchester Expressway (I-287, Interchanges 1-10); and the New England Thruway (I-95, Interchanges 8-22). 

  • Albany Division - Division Permit Engineer - (518) 436-2710 (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
    I-87 (Interchange 18-24), I-90 (Interchange 24) to Canajoharie (3.8 miles west of Exit 29); and the Berkshire Section (Interchanges B1-B3).

  • Syracuse Division - Division Permit Engineer -  (315) 438-2420 (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
    I-90 from Canajoharie (3.8 miles west of Interchange 29 - Interchange 45).
  • Buffalo Division - Division Permit Engineer -  (716) 635-6253 (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
    I-90 (Interchange 45-61); and the Niagara Section (Interchanges 1-21).


Doing Business


Real Property

Real Property

Additional Info
and Reports

| Google Translate Disclaimer