Skip to Main Content
Skip to Navigation

New York State Thruway Authority

Thruway's Over-Dimensional Permit System (TOPS)

Photo of an Over-Dimensional Truck on Thruway

  • If you are a registered user, please Login below.
  • If you wish to sign up as a new user, please Register below.


For permits on other
New York State roads, visit

Route Information


TOPS Users only

If you are having difficulty logging into TOPS, please note that your username must end with "User1". For example, use "HeavyHaulers User1" instead of just "HeavyHaulers".

Note: All vehicles traveling the NYS Thruway that are greater than 8'6" wide must obtain a Special Hauling Permit from the Thruway Over-Dimensional Permit System (TOPS). Additionally, for vehicles greater than 10' wide, a Special Hauling Permit is required and tolls must be paid with E-ZPass, no cash. For more information on the TOPS program, call the Special Hauling Permit Unit at (877) 901-2700 ext. 2793 or (518) 436-2793.

| Google Translate Disclaimer