Move Over Law
New York's Move Over Law and Safe Driving Tips on the Thruway
- As soon as you see lights, vests or reflectors, check traffic around you, SLOW DOWN and MOVE OVER if safe to do so.
- Drivers MUST use due care when approaching an emergency vehicle or hazard vehicle including police vehicles, fire trucks, ambulances, construction and maintenance vehicles and tow trucks.
- The Move Over Law applies to both sides of the roadway, not just the shoulder on the right.
- Governor Cuomo Reminds Motorists to Adhere to New York's "Move Over" Law When Approaching Emergency or Hazard Vehicles Along Roadways
- Governor Cuomo Announces More Than 14,000 Tickets Issued By State Police During Expanded Work Zone Crackdown
- State Agencies Announce New Exhibit Promoting Highway Work Zone Safety at the Great New York State Fair
- THRUWAY AUTHORITY ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF WORK ZONE SAFETY PSA FEATURING WIDOW OF THRUWAY EMPLOYEE KILLED ON DUTY IN 2016
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation Expanding New York State's "Move Over Law" to Include Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers
- Slow Down and Move Over Poster
- Slow Down and Move Over Tips