Developers Resource Center
Now you can use our data for your website or application. This is a FREE service that allows various user groups (i.e. the general public, commercial vendors, transportation agencies, researchers, media and others) to access New York State Thruway real-time and static transportation data for use in their applications and research efforts.
XML Data Files
These data files are accessed through a web connection and are available in XML format. The data files are updated as individual events become active, are updated, or expire and are removed from the file. These files may also change daily as new information becomes available.
- Capital Program Projects
capitalprogramfull.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinate, construction amount, completion date, letting date, contractor and contractor number and description and location of projects along the Thruway.
- Commuter Park and Ride Lots and Parking/Rest Areas
parkridelots.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinate, descriptions and lot information for Park and Ride Lots and Parking/Rest Areas along the Thruway.
- Gantry Locations
gantrylocations.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and location information for Gantries along the Thruway.
- Interchanges/Toll Gantries
interchanges.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and location information for Interchanges and Toll Gantries along the Thruway.
- Message Signs
dmsstatus.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, location information and dynamic messages for each sign location along the Thruway.
- Parking/Rest Areas
restareas.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and location information for Parking/Rest Areas along the Thruway.
- Taste NY Farm Markets
farmmarkets.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates for the Service Areas that have participating Farm Markets along with the products sold and hours open.
- Traffic Events
events.xml - Includes active incidents/accidents, traffic delays, road closures, lane closures, and roadwork along the Thruway. Information includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions, and locations along the Thruway.
- Service Areas
travelplazas.xml - Includes latitude and longitude coordinates, descriptions and locations for Service Areas along the Thruway. Information includes restaurants, fuel information and other service area services.
- Winter Travel Advisory
wtasreports.xml - Includes active weather conditions, update times, road status, and routes along the Thruway. Information includes latitude and longitude coordinates and locations along the Thruway.
- Weather Sensing Information
swis.xml - Includes pavement temperature, air temperature, dewpoint temperature, and relative humidity along the Thruway. Information includes route and milepost coordinates and county locations along the Thruway.
REST Endpoints for GIS Web Services
These services allow developers access to current GIS datasets via the Internet, without requiring downloading and storing data. All available Thruway Authority data that is available through web services can be found at: https://nysthruway.maps.arcgis.com.
- Thruway Roads - Roads owned, operated, and maintained by the Thruway Authority
- Thruway Ramps - Thruway Authority maintained highway exit and entrance ramps
- Thruway Mileposts (Whole Miles) – Whole number mileposts posted along Thruway Authority roads
- Thruway Mileposts – All mileposts posted along Thruway Authority roads (posted every tenth of a mile)
- Thruway Interchanges - Interchanges along the Thruway
- Thruway Service Areas - The location of service areas along the Thruway; These provide restrooms, food, and fuel services
- Thruway Welcome Centers – The location of Welcome Centers along the Thruway; These have bathrooms, historic info, vending machines
- Thruway Rest Areas - The location of rest areas along the Thruway; These are parking areas with no facilities
- Thruway Park and Ride - Park and ride lots along the Thruway
Tolling Gantries – Gantries for E-ZPass and Cashless Tolling along NYS Thruway Authority roadways
Contact Information for Questions
Your feedback on this new initiative is valuable and we need your help to improve this site. Please let us know about any issues you may have or enhancements you'd like to see.
Our Data Files
are FREE to Use