Commercial Charge Account Program
The New York State Thruway Authority Commercial Charge account has two components, post-paid and pre-paid.
- Post-paid: For tolls incurred on the Thruway. The post-paid component is administered by the Thruway Authority (Authority).
- Pre-paid: Pays for tolls incurred on non-Thruway toll roads offering E-ZPass. The pre-paid component is administered by E-ZPass New York Service Center.
E-ZPass is an electronic toll collection system. As your commercial vehicle passes under a gantry, E-ZPass equipment reads information from your E-ZPass Transponder (Tag) and records transaction information. For travel on the Thruway, the Authority computes the proper toll and charges it to the post-paid portion of your commercial account. When traveling on other toll roads offering E-ZPass, the proper toll is deducted from the pre-paid balance on your commercial account. Commercial account holders will receive an invoice each month for Thruway tolls and an E-ZPass statement for all non-Thruway tolls that were paid from the pre-paid balance on the commercial account.
Benefits of the E-ZPass Commercial Charge Account
- Volume Discounts – A Thruway Commercial account customer qualifies for a discount when their Thruway toll charges total over a $1000 or more a month. The discount applies to the monthly Commercial account invoice as follows:
- $1,001 to $2,000 - 10%
- $2,001 to $3,000 - 15%
- Over $3,000 - 20%
- Electronic Trip Registers (E-Trips) – E-Trips provides a Commercial account customer with an electronic copy of the monthly Commercial account invoice. This includes an invoice summary, and trip detail data in a format that provides easy electronic data searching and sorting. Each E-Trip customer always receives a paper copy of the invoice summary in the mail. E-Trips is a free service and the preferred invoice delivery method for Commercial account customers.
- Multiple Accounts - Wholly owned subsidiaries or divisions of a parent company may combine accounts to maximize discounts. Consult a Commercial Services Representative for more information regarding this option.
- The Commercial account invoice can be paid by check or ACH.
Benefits of the E-ZPass Pre-Paid Component
- E-ZPass is accepted on toll roads and bridges in 19 States and wherever you see the E-ZPass logo. See participating toll facilities where E-ZPass is accepted.
- The pre-paid balance can automatically replenish by credit card or bank account when the balance is low.
- Commercial vehicle (with at least 2 axles, 6 tires).
- Minimum charges of $12,000 annually.
- A Surety, in the form of a Bond or Cash Deposit, in the amount of three times your anticipated monthly toll charges as determined by the Authority.
Please refer to the Application Booklet (TAP 601) to determine what forms must be completed to open a Commercial Charge Account.