Skip to Main Content
Skip to Navigation


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the benefits of participating in ePayment?

It's Easy - Receiving your payments electronically eliminates check handling and manual deposits. The money is credited directly to your account. There are no additional steps for handling the payment (like mail rooms, the post office, etc.) where checks can be misdirected or lost.

It's Fast - With ePayment, payments go directly from the Authority to your bank account.

It's Secure - ePayment uses the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network - the same system your bank uses to handle transactions with other banks. When an ePayment is credited to your bank account, the funds become immediately available for payments or investments.

Timely Notification - The e-mail notification assists in your daily cash management: you will know in advance when the payment will be made.

Back to Top

How do I apply for ePayment?

Complete the Electronic Payment Authorization form. Attach a voided check and mail the completed form to the address and in the manner detailed on the form. If you do not attach a voided check, your financial institution must complete the 'Financial Institution Certification' portion of the form. The form must then be submitted to the Authority directly by the financial institution to the address and in the manner detailed on the form.

Back to Top

Am I required to participate in this program?

No, however, we strongly encourage our suppliers to save time and money by taking advantage of the benefits that ePayment offers.

Back to Top

Why must my financial institution sign the authorization form and send it directly to the Authority?

The Authority uses the Electronic Payment Authorization form to make sure the payments due to you are handled accurately. If a voided check does not accompany your form, verification by bank personnel is required as an internal control to ensure that the bank account information is correct. For example, there are instances where the bank's ACH routing number is different from the Federal wire routing number. Banks also verify whether the designated account is a savings or checking account, as required by ACH regulations.

Back to Top

Can I e-mail or FAX my ePayment enrollment form to the Authority?

No, for the protection of payees and to safeguard the transfer and control of sensitive information from the payee or financial institution to the Authority, the original Electronic Payment Authorization form must be mailed directly to the Office of Accounting & Disbursements to the address and in the manner detailed on the form.

Back to Top

Can I have payments made to more than one bank account?

You may use more than one bank account; however, there can be only one bank account per remittance address. A separate Electronic Payment Authorization form must be completed for each bank account.

Back to Top

What is a pre-note?

A pre-note is a zero-dollar test transaction initiated electronically to your bank account when your account information is initially set up by the Authority. A pre-note confirms that the Authority has entered your account information correctly.

Back to Top

What notification will I receive that an ePayment has been made?

You will receive e-mail notification from the Authority. The e-mail notification will give you advance notice of an ePayment into your account. This feature can assist you in your cash management process.

The e-mail will contain detailed information for the invoice(s) being paid; including payment date, amount, invoice reference and contact information.

Back to Top

If I elect to participate in the ePayment program, will I receive all my Authority payments electronically?

All payments made for authorized remittance addresses will be made electronically to the bank account you designate.

Back to Top

Can I be notified at more than one e-mail address?

We can accommodate only one e-mail address per bank account. We recommend a business rather than a personal address. You may use an address (e.g. a group mailbox) that provides access to payment notification to more than one person. You can, of course, forward the notification to other staff in your office as needed.

Back to Top

What if I decide to change my e-mail address?

You can send a message, including your Payee Name, your name, title, e-mail address, and telephone number from your new e-mail address to 

Back to Top

What if I cannot identify the payment from the remittance information?

Call the contact at the telephone number shown on the remittance advice statement.

Back to Top

What if I need to change my Payee Name or Taxpayer Identification Number?

A supplier who changes their payee name or Taxpayer Identification Number must complete a new Supplier Registration (TA-W3254) PDF , W-9 Leaving NYS Thruway Authority's Website and Electronic Payment Authorization form (TA-W5201) PDF , using the same procedures as the original document, and submit it to the Supplier Management Unit to the address and in the manner detailed on the form. Be sure to check 'Change' at the top of the forms.

Back to Top

What if I decide to change my banking information?

Another completed Electronic Payments Authorization form must be submitted as soon as possible. Be sure to check 'Change' at the top of the form. If you attach a voided check to the form, you must mail the completed form directly to the Authority at the address and in the manner detailed on the form. If a voided check is not attached, your financial institution must complete the form's 'Financial Institution Certification' and directly mail the form to the Authority.

Back to Top

What if I need to change my remittance address?

You may send an e-mail regarding this change to the Supplier Management Unit at or fax the required change to the attention of the Supplier Management Unit at (518) 436-3011. Be sure to include your Payee Name, as well as your name, title and telephone number with your request for this change and, if you send a fax, your signature.

Back to Top

What if - without my initiation - I stop receiving payments electronically and receive checks instead?

Contact the Supplier Management Unit.

Back to Top