Code of Ethics Policy
BOARD MEETING NUMBER: 757
RESOLUTION NUMBER: 6414
DATE: March 27, 2023
POLICIES - PERSONNEL
CODE OF ETHICS GOVERNING EMPLOYEES
- New York State Thruway Authority (Authority) employees shall comply with all laws, including but not limited to the Federal Hatch Act, Section 94(15) of the Executive Law, Sections 73, 73-a and 74 of the Public Officers Law and the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government’s rules and regulations found in 19 NYCRR Part 930 et seq.
- Authority employees shall perform their duties with transparency, without favor and refrain from engaging in outside matters of financial or personal interest, including other employment, that could impair independence of judgment or prevent the proper exercise of one's official duties.
- Authority employees shall not directly or indirectly make, advise or assist any person to make any financial investment based upon information available through the employee's official position that could create any conflict between their public duties and interests and their private interests.
- Authority employees shall not use or attempt to use their official position with the Authority to secure unwarranted privileges for themselves, members of their family or others, including employment with the Authority or contracts for materials or services with the Authority.
- Authority employees must conduct themselves at all times in a manner that avoids any appearance that they can be improperly or unduly influenced, that they could be affected by the position of or relationship with any other party, or that they are acting in violation of their public trust.
- Authority employees may not engage in any official transaction with an outside entity in which they have a direct or indirect financial interest that may reasonably conflict with the proper discharge of their official duties.
- The Executive Director, Chief of Staff and/or General Counsel shall be responsible for promulgating additional guidelines and restrictions