There are four service areas in the Hudson Valley and two welcome centers now offering high-speed electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Each station is capable of supplying up to 50 kilowatts of power and enabling fast-charge-capable EVs to be powered in approximately 30 minutes.
Chademo and SAE Combo connectors:
- Plattekill Service Area, on I-87 northbound between Exit 17 (Newburgh I-84) & Exit 18 (New Paltz) - 1 charging station
- Malden Service Area, on I-87 northbound between Exit 20 (Saugerties) & Exit 21 (Catskill) - 1 charging station
- Ulster Service Area, on I-87 Southbound between Exit 20 (Saugerties) & Exit 19 (Kingston) - 1 charging station
- Modena Service Area, on I-87 Southbound Exit 18 (New Paltz) & Exit 17 (Newburgh I-84) - 1 charging station
- Western New York Welcome Center, accessible from I-190 exit 19 (Whitehaven Road) via Alvin Road – 3 charging stations
- Mohawk Valley Welcome Center, on I-90 westbound between exits 28 (Fultonville) and 29 (Canajoharie) - 3 charging stations
Thruway motorists will be charged a maximum of $8 per charge. Motorists will need a Greenlots account or use the Greenlots app via a smart phone to charge at these stations. For more information, please visit www.greenlots.com .
Photo Credit: NYPA
Rest Area Info
Lost and Found
XML Format for