Move Over Law
New York's Move Over Law and Safe Driving Tips on the Thruway
- As soon as you see lights, vests or reflectors, check traffic around you, SLOW DOWN and safely MOVE OVER.
- Drivers MUST use due care when approaching an emergency vehicle or hazard vehicle including police vehicles, fire trucks, ambulances, construction and maintenance vehicles and tow trucks.
- The Move Over Law applies to both sides of the roadway, not just the shoulder on the right.
- Governor Cuomo Announces Results of "Move Over" Law Enforcement Campaign on the New York State Thruway
- Governor Cuomo Announces Campaign to Raise Awareness of "Move Over" Law
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation Expanding New York State's "Move Over Law" to Include Volunteer Firefighters and Ambulance Workers
- Slow Down and Move Over Poster
- Slow Down and Move Over Tips