New York State Thruway Authority
Tappan Zee Bridge Deck Replacement Project
Weekly Press Releases
Project Schedule (Contract Awarded in 2006)
- Physical work on the bridge began on September 7, 2007, working out from the Rockland County shore.
- The project is complete.
Project Schedule (Contract Awarded in 2010)
- In 2010 and 2011, the Contractor will initiate field measurements for the new panels.
- In 2011, offsite fabrication of the new deck panels is to start.
- Replacement and retrofitting of existing road surface deck panels on the eastern portion of the Bridge (2010/2011).
- Installation of safety fencing & relocation of the fiber optic lines crossing the Bridge (2010).
- Replacement of the movable barrier deployed to shift traffic flow during peak hours (2010/2011).
- Installation of the new deck panels for the interior 3 lanes (2011/2012)
- It is anticipated that the overall project will be completed in the Winter of 2012
TZB Deck Replacement