E-ZPass NY Challenge
Test your E-ZPass knowledge and provide valuable feedback!
Tell us why you think E-ZPass isn’t for you.
By taking the E-ZPass NY Challenge, you will become automatically eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- $250 Amazon Gift Card (2 winners)
- $100 Dunkin’ Donuts Gift Card (2 winners)
- $100 Starbucks Gift Card (2 winners)
- E-ZPass Tag with $25 in prepaid tolls (4 winners)
Offer ends 3/31/2020. See Sweepstakes Official Rules.
“The E-ZPass Challenge” – SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PERFORMANCE ON QUIZ WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY INTO THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: “The E-ZPass Challenge” (‘Sweepstakes”) is open and offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of the New York State Thruway Authority as well as any relatives (any person who is a direct descendant of such employee’s grandparents or the spouse of such descendant) and household members of such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules may participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize (“Entrant”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the New York State Thruway Authority (“Sponsor”), located at 200 Southern Boulevard, Albany, NY 12209.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (including but not limited to Sponsor’s employees or agents handling prize redemption), which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 14, 2020 at 12:01 am EST and ends on March 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST. Submissions will be accepted during the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
How to Enter: Scan the code on the Toll Lane Handout, Toll Bill slip or visit: thruway.ny.gov/ezpasschallenge to take the quiz.
- Prize Drawing and Winner Notification: On April 7, 2020, the Sponsor will select ten (10) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will contact and notify the potential winner(s) via telephone primarily and via email (if provided). If the potential winner(s) cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited. Thereafter, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in the forfeited potential winner’s place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible Entrants.
- Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) of several prizes, as follows:
- Two (2) Amazon gift cards valued at $250 each (Two winners)
- Two (2) Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards valued at $100 each (Two winners)
- Two (2) Starbucks gift cards valued at $100 each (Two winners)
- Four (4) E-ZPass Tag with $25 in prepaid toll balance (Four winners)
- Prize Claim: The Sweepstakes winner(s) will receive one (1) of the aforementioned prizes. The first two names randomly drawn will be eligible for the Amazon gift cards. The next two names randomly drawn will be eligible for the Dunkin’ Donuts gift cards. The following two names randomly drawn will be eligible for the Starbucks gift cards. The last four names randomly drawn will be eligible for the E-ZPass Tags. The prize(s) will be mailed to the winner(s) within thirty (30) days from the winner(s)’ response to the Sponsor’s notification. The four (4) winners of the $25 prepaid E-ZPass Tags will be required to register the Tags prior to use by visiting E-ZPassny.com or by calling 1-800-697-1554. By registering the prepaid E-ZPass Tag, the winner(s) will agree to the terms and conditions of E-ZPass New York.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the State of New York, the New York State Thruway Authority, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage, cost, or expense of any kind to any person(s), including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- General Conditions: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is incapable of being conducted as planned, including any reason due to non-authorized intervention, fraud, weather, force majeure event, acts of war, natural disasters, terrorism events or other causes beyond the control of the administrators of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice to the entrants. The Sponsor or their agents are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is or is attempting or intending to: (a) tamper with any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) defraud the Sponsor, (c) undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, (d) annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants, the Sponsor, or representatives of the Sponsor, or (e) act in violation of these Official Rules. In such event(s), the Sponsor reserves the right (in addition to disqualification of such individual) to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Miscellaneous: This Sweepstakes is void wherever restricted or prohibited by federal, state or local laws. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Amazon, Dunkin’ Donuts, and/or Starbucks. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, and all proceedings regarding the same shall take place exclusively either in a state or federal court located in the State of New York. Entrant agrees to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to change of venue or any like right.
- Winner List: To obtain a list of Sweepstakes winners, please contact Media Relations by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.