New York State Transportation Resource Center
The New York State Transportation Resource Center Project (the "Project"), announced by Governor Cuomo on May 29, 2014 , will serve as the headquarters to the New York State Thruway Authority, New York State Canal Corporation, New York State Department of Transportation, and Troop T of the New York State Police. The Project is to be located at 200 Southern Boulevard, Albany, New York 12209 and will house approximately 2,000 employees and will have parking facilities for approximately 1,800 cars.
The Project is being procured pursuant to the Infrastructure Investment Act, 2011 NY Laws Ch. 56 (the "Act"), which authorizes the Authority and other authorized state entities to use Design-Build contracts for capital projects related to the State's physical infrastructure, subject to the requirements set forth in the Act. The Act requires a two-step procurement process to obtain a Design-Builder for the Project.
The RFQ/SOQ Process Has Been Completed
The first of the two steps required under the Act - the Request for Qualifications (“RFQ”) and State of Qualifications (“SOQ”) process - has been completed. Under the RFQ/SOQ process, the New York State Thruway Authority sought SOQs from interested and qualified Construction Management, Design and Engineering firms responding to the RFQ. The RFQ sought qualified Design-Build firms to provide professional and construction management services required to design and construct the Project.
SOQs were only accepted from firms intending to provide all required services for the Project. The Authority did not consider responses from firms not offering to provide all required services.
The RFQ set out the pre-qualification process for firms seeking to be shortlisted and provided details of the SOQ required from interested firms. The deadline for submitting SOQs was August 1, 2014 and SOQs were received from 8 interested firms.
The RFQ documents included:
- Download the RFQ zip file
- Download the RFQ Addendum No. 1, Issued June 5, 2014
- Download the RFQ Addendum No. 2, Issued June 19, 2014
- Download the RFQ Addendum No. 3, Issued July 10, 2014
- Download the Pre-SOQ Meeting Presentation
- Download the Pre-SOQ Meeting Attendance List
- Download the RFQ Questions and Answers, Issued July 10, 2014
As a result of the completion of this important first step, four firms have been shortlisted and will be invited to submit proposals in response to a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the Project. The four firms shortlisted from the RFQ/SOQ process are:
- Gilbane Building Company
- Kirchhoff-Consigli, Tishman a Joint Venture
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Walsh Construction Company II, LLC
From these four firms, one will be selected to complete this landmark Project.
Environmental Review Process
It is important to note that the environmental review process for the Project, including an analysis of a no-build alternative, is being conducted by the Authority under a separate contract and is concurrent with the Design-Build RFP process. The firm that is ultimately selected through the RFP process will not be permitted to proceed with final design activities and physical construction until the completion of the environmental impact review process and issuance of the necessary determinations by the Authority.
In addition, detailed programmatic information is being developed under a separate agreement and will be made available as part of the RFP.
Request for Proposals
The four shortlisted firms are invited to submit proposals in response to the RFP for the Project.
The RFP documents are:
- Download the RFP zip file, Issued December 4, 2014
- Download the Addendum No. 1 zip file, Issued December 11, 2014
- Download the Addendum No. 1A zip file, Issued December 18, 2014
- Download the Addendum No. 2 zip file, Issued December 23, 2014
- Download the Addendum No. 3 zip file, Issued January 7, 2015
- Download the Addendum No. 4 zip file, Issued January 22, 2015
- Download the Addendum No. 4a zip file, Issued January 27, 2015
- Download the Addendum No. 5 zip file, Issued January 30, 2015
- Download the Addendum No. 5A zip file, Issued February 5, 2015
- Download the Addendum No. 5B zip file, Issued February 19, 2015
This website will be used during the RFP process to communicate the Authority's responses to RFP questions submitted by Proposers, and also to issue the RFP and any RFP addenda. The four short-listed firms are advised to check this website regularly for such updates during the RFP period and are advised, pursuant to New York State Finance Law, that any communication on this procurement can be made only with designated contact persons.
The Authority's designated contact person for this procurement is:James Chicoine
Attention: New York State Transportation Resource Center Procurement
Office of Capital and Contracts Management
New York State Thruway Authority
200 Southern Boulevard
Albany, New York 12209