Cashless Tolling Project Schedule & News
In 2018, seven fixed toll barriers on the Thruway were converted to cashless tolling.
There are two main phases of the project on the ticketed portion of the Thruway, which is located between exits 15 (Woodbury) on I-87 and exit 61 (Ripley – PA Line) on I-90 as well as exits B1 – B3 (Berkshire Spur).
- The first phase is the installation of the gantries over the highway and/or exit/entrance ramps, which began in fall 2019. Once all of the gantries are installed, system testing will occur over several months and it will go live at the same time by the end of 2020.
- After cashless tolling is operational system-wide at the end of 2020, the second phase includes the removal of the toll plazas and realignment and repaving of the exit/entrance ramps.
- February 26, 2020 -- THRUWAY AUTHORITY ANNOUNCES MILESTONE IN DESIGN-BUILD PROJECT TO BRING CASHLESS TOLLING TO THE THRUWAY SYSTEM-WIDE BY THE END OF 2020
- June 17, 2019 -- GOVERNOR CUOMO ANNOUNCES SELECTION OF DESIGN-BUILD TEAM TO INSTALL CASHLESS TOLLING ON THE NYS THRUWAY BY END OF 2020
- February 14, 2019 -- THRUWAY AUTHORITY ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF FINAL RFP TO INSTALL CASHLESS TOLLING ON NYS THRUWAY TICKETED SYSTEM
- December 20, 2018 --
GOVERNOR CUOMO ANNOUNCES ON-TIME COMPLETION OF CASHLESS TOLLING AT ALL FIXED-PRICE TOLL BARRIERS ON NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY
How to Read
Your Toll Bill