Instructions for the purchase of plan packages
NOTE: Beginning with the letting of February 22, 2012, NYSTA will only distribute plans and proposals in electronic format on Compact Disk (CD), or on Digital Video Disk (DVD) for larger projects. View more information in NYSTA's Electronic Bidding Policy.
- Plans and Proposals can be ordered over the phone or purchased in person between the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
- To purchase plans and proposals:
- $10.00 per Project. Disks store both proposal and plan data as/if necessary.
- $8.00 postage if mailed UPS Ground (this charge is only if you do not include your shipper's number).
- To purchase by credit card: Credit card orders can be placed by calling the Office of Capital and Contracts Management at 518-436-2902. Please have your credit card and e-mail information ready and the contract number (TA#) of the plan package you wish to purchase.
- To purchase by mail: Send a check made payable to the NYS Thruway Authority. For Canal projects, the check should be made payable to the NYS Canal Corporation. Please indicate the contract number (TA#) of the plan package desired and e-mail address for receipt of subsequent notice regarding changes and amendments. Allow at least 5 to 7 business days for the processing of mail orders.
Mail the check to:
NYS Thruway Authority,
200 Southern Blvd.
Albany, NY 12209
Attention: Office of Capital and Contracts Management
To save time, please send your check by priority mail or overnight mail. Include your shipper's number (UPS, Airborne, or Fed Ex) for overnight service. If this is not included, your package will be sent UPS or Fed Ex Ground Service. This usually takes 5 to 7 business days.
- General questions or requests for information shall be directed to the Office of Capital and Contracts Management at 518-436-2902.
- Electronic files of item bid data for download to your PC will be posted to the Download Contract Bid Data section to coincide with the advertised contract proposal sale dates on the Project and Plan Sales section. Amended item bid data will be posted as soon as it is available. You MUST check our Contract Amendment section to obtain details regarding ALL amendments. Proposal and plan disks generally DO NOT include amendments. Bidders are solely responsible for checking the Proposal Amendment section for amendments before submitting their bid.