Seasonal Thruway Maintenance Worker Trainee 2 & Trainee 3
Anticipated Seasonal Vacancies - Albany, Buffalo, NY and Syracuse Divisions
The Thruway Authority is recruiting to fill anticipated seasonal TMW Trainee 2 & 3 positions for the 2013-2014 winter snow & ice season.
Thruway Maintenance Worker Trainee 2
Must be 18 years of age or older.
- One (1) year as a Thruway Maintenance Worker Trainee 1; or
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License Class B with tank endorsement and no air-brake restriction, and six (6) months of experience operating construction equipment and vehicles, and twelve (12) months of experience in carpentry, masonry, welding, ironwork, or other trade related to bridge construction or repair; or
- A valid Commercial Driver License Class B with tank endorsement and no air-brake restriction, and eighteen (18) months of experience operating construction equipment and vehicles.
Thruway Maintenance Worker Trainee 3
Must be 18 years of age or older.
- One (1) year as a Thruway Maintenance Worker Trainee 2; or
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver License Class B with tank endorsement and no air-brake restriction;
Twelve (12) months of experience operating construction equipment and vehicles;
Eighteen (18) months of experience in carpentry, masonry, welding, ironwork, or other trade related to bridge construction or repair.
The Thruway Maintenance Worker (TMW), under the supervision of Thruway Maintenance Supervisors 1 or 2 or journey-level trades workers, works alone or as a member of a team performing maintenance, repair, improvement and reconstruction of pavements, shoulders, medians, right-of-way, facilities, ramps, interchanges, bridges, culverts, water control and other structures, appurtenances and retaining walls.
Incumbents perform snow and ice control activities; operate and perform maintenance and minor repairs on a variety of self-propelled pneumatic and other equipment; and may serve as a team leader and provide guidance and instruction to others.
Duties require medium to heavy physical effort, shift work, call outs, scheduled and unscheduled overtime, exposure to adverse weather conditions, standing for prolonged periods of time, working in non-permit required confined spaces and at high levels, and use of personal safety equipment, including respirators.
Additional Comments Assignments will run 10/1/13 through 3/31/14. Workday hours, workweek, and counties may vary.
Salary Range: $12.00 to $16.00/hour
No. Hours per Week: 40
Mandatory Overtime: Yes
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to be considered for a position, please complete form TA-W31298-9 (Statement of Qualifications) and return to the contact person listed below for any Division where you would be willing to work:
(Counties: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Ulster)
Contact: Helen Mclea
Mail: P.O. Box 189, Albany, NY 12201
(Counties: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Monroe, Niagara, Orleans)
Contact: Maryann Kolniak
Mail: 455 Cayuga Road, Suite 800, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
(Counties: Orange, Rockland, Westchester)
Contact: Karen Parchment
Mail: 4 Executive Blvd., Suffern, NY 10901
(Counties: Cayuga, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Seneca)
Contact: Patti McKeon
Mail: Suite 250 2nd Floor, 290 Elwood Davis Road, Liverpool, NY 13088