Code of Ethics Policy
BOARD MEETING NUMBER: 512
RESOLUTION NUMBER: 4277
DATE: April 1, 1993
- It is the policy of the New York State Thruway Authority and any subsidiary corporations thereof to govern and to have its employees govern themselves in an ethical manner consistent with law, particularly the Ethics in Government Act, specifically, Section 94(15) of the Executive Law, Sections 73, 73-a and 74 of the Public Officers Law and the State Ethics Commission's regulations cited in 19 NYCRR (Volume 19 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York) Part 930 et seq.
- The Thruway Authority and its subsidiary corporation recognize that the maintenance of public confidence in the Authority and Canal Corporation and of a high standard of integrity and conduct in Authority and Canal Corporation operations is a responsibility of all of its employees.The Authority and its subsidiary will undertake, consistent with applicable statutes and provisions, such activities as it deems necessary or appropriate to maintain an environment where ethics play a primary role in guiding its operations and the conduct of its employees.
- The Executive Director shall be responsible for promulgating guidelines where issues of conduct which are unique to the Authority and its subsidiary corporation are involved.
- Employees, where they have reason to believe that a conflict of duty or interest exists with their official duties or that a particular activity may involve an ethical issue, are responsible for contacting their supervisors for advice.
- Nothing in this policy shall supersede or negate any laws, rules or regulations pertaining to ethical conduct promulgated by the Federal Government, the State of New York and/or the New York State Ethics Commission.